On January 19, 2009 at 2.00 p.m. at 821st hall, 8th floor of the Ministry of Economy and Energy – 8 “Triaditsa” Str. – was held the Fifth Donors Assembly Session, with the following agenda:
- Review of the results of the BEEF operation from May 2007 to December 2008.
- Selection of new MB members of BEEF.
On behalf of the World Bank and the Austrian Government, in the capacity of main donors and observers, the session was attended by:
- Mr. Florian Fichtl – Country Manager of the World Bank;
- Mr. Klaus Fabian – The ambassador of Austria in Bulgaria.
Representatives of the Donors Assembly members were:
- Mrs. Ilona Stoykova – a representative of the Ministry of Economy and Energy;
- Mr. Anton Gavrilov – a representative of “Lukoil Bulgaria” EOOD;
- Mr. Ilia Karanikolov – a representative of “Eurobank E F G Bulgaria” JSC;
- Mr. Prokopi Prokopiev – a representative of “Enemona” AD;
- Mr. Nikolai Zhechkov – a representative of “Brunata Bulgaria”.
The Executive Director of Bulgarian Energy Efficiency Fund presented the activity and the achieved results for the whole period of BEEF existence. The presentation was high appreciated on behalf of the DA representatives. Mr. Florian Fichtle expressed his hopes that BEEF would be reviewed like a pilot project and a model for establishment and development in order to satisfy the needs of financing and implementation of energy efficiency measures in Bulgaria.
With relation to the next agenda item and article 59, paragraph 1, item 4 from Energy Efficiency Act, for members of BEEF Management Board were selected the following: Mr. Apostol Kostov – Deputy Director “Finances”, “Lukoil Bulgaria” EOOD; Mrs. Detelina Nikolova – Mayor of Dobrich Municipality; Mr. Dimitar Dimov – Executive Director and a member of the Board of Directors of Bulgarian Development Bank; Mr. Atanas Kuzev – Mayor of Devnia Municipality.
Due to exhausting of subjects, The Chair of the Management Board of BEEF closed the Fifth session of the Donors Assembly.