The financial resources of the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Sources Fund are being used to finance the following type of investments:
Investments in improved energy efficiency in industrial processes, including but not limited to:
- Purchase of equipment, machines and tools;
- Technical assistance and advice for proper installment of the purchased equipment;
- Training of staff in proper usage of the equipment and new technologies;
- Transportation and logistic services.
Rehabilitation of buildings in all sectors, including but not limited to industrial, commercial, multifamily residential, single family residential, and municipal buildings at all levels; health care facilities; schools, universities and cultural facilities. The rehabilitation should be directed towards improving energy efficiency, including but not limited to:
- Modernization of heat exchanger substations;
- Heating insulation, including new thermally insulated doors and windows, roof, ceiling and wall insulation;
- Solar window treatment and passive solar devices;
- Improvements to mechanical heating ventilation and air conditioning such as customized controls and energy management systems, high-efficiency motors, variable-speed drive motor controls;
- Improvements to interior and exterior lighting such as retrofitting of existing lamps and ballasts to high efficiency equivalents, addition of automatic lighting controls (i.e. timer or motion sensors).
Improvements to the heat source and distribution system, including but not limited to:
- New high-efficiency boilers and burners;
- Automatic boiler control systems;
- Separate domestic hot water heaters for summer usage;
- Substantial efficiency-driven modernization of existing boilers;
- Boiler heat recovery devices;
- New heat exchangers or substantial renovation of existing ones;
- New main valves and steam taps or substantial renovation of existing ones;
- New distribution piping or radiators;
- New metering equipment;
- Thermostatic radiator valves;
- Pipe insulation in networks;
- Small cogeneration systems;
- High efficiency fossil fuel or electric-powered heat pumps.
Other energy end-use applications, including but not limited to:
- Energy management control systems;
- Power factor correction measures;
- Air compressors;
- Fuel switching;
- Projects with utilization of renewable energy sources (RES).